Drawing with indian ink is a centuries old tradition. From detailed drawings to the most loose approaches, it's a technique that continues to fascinate us with it's variety of expressions.
Used with abundant water it allows for the most unpredictable effects, while the use of a dry brush makes for a rich approach to line and texture. The use of the chinese brush, with its unique qualities, is key to obtaining some degree of mastery with indian ink.
We've created a whole weekend dedicated to this technique, allowing the time for studying and practicing that it deserves.
Cerdeira Village and the forest that surrounds it is rich with views, textures, stone houses, trees, plants and stones that invite us to explore drawing and all its qualities.
We shall draw outdoors and in the classroom, using structured exercises that will allow for a gradual and steady learning process. This course is suitable for beginners and for whoever wants to learn and explore!
- The total price: 85 euros; this includes the course, materials and the studio rental. We only accept signups for the whole weekend. Accommodation and food are not included.
- The first instalment of 45 euros must be payed upon signup (non-refundable). The remaining value is payed up until to the first day of the course.
- Starts on Saturday the 29th of July at 9h30 AM. Ends on Sunday the 30th of July at 4h30 PM.
- Students will travel to Cerdeira village by their own means. It's 11 km from the nearest city, Lousã.
- The village is equipped with modern accommodation in restored stone houses (limited to availability). Every house has a fully equipped kitchen allowing for self catering (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Besides the houses, it's also possible to sleep in the village in bunkbeds for a very affordable fee. To find out more about accommodation at Cerdeira look here.