This weekend is dedicated to walking and exploring Serra da Lousã with sketchbook in hand. The main aim is to learn about meaningful, fun and beautiful ways of sketching from nature. We offer structured drawing lessons and lectures, and the Casa das Artes is ours for lessons, demonstrations, and art history slides. But much of our time will be spent outdoors.
Cerdeira is a rich visual world, with immense variety of motives, hidden spaces, around every corner is a new vista. We will penetrate the forests, follow the trails to other villages. We will bend down and find treasures on the forest ground, study the growth, the flowering, the decay, the interdependency of all things, and translate our experiences and ideas into a multitude of drawings.
- The total price: 85 euros; this includes the course, materials and the studio rental. We only accept signups for the whole weekend. Accommodation and food are not included.
- The first instalment of 45 euros must be payed upon signup (non-refundable). The remaining value is payed up until to the first day of the course.
- Starts on Saturday the 15th of July at 9h30 AM. Ends on Sunday the 16th of July at 4h30 PM.
- Students will travel to Cerdeira village by their own means. It's 11 km from the nearest city, Lousã.
- The village is equipped with modern accommodation in restored stone houses (limited to availability). Every house has a fully equipped kitchen allowing for self catering. Besides the houses, it's also possible to sleep in the village in bunkbeds for a very affordable fee. To find out more about accommodation at Cerdeira look here.