The aim of the workshop is to develop and enrich the capacity to express yourself through drawing. It is structured as a five day retreat, situated in the Cerdeira Village artist residency. There will be structured drawing lessons with technical demonstrations and exercises, and lectures and slideshows focusing on art history and contemporary practices concerning drawing and working from nature.
In this workshop we have the best drawing teacher there is available to us; wild nature. The forest surrounding the Cerdeira Village is full of texture, light and shade, markmaking and line qualities. We will make use both of the outdoors and of the newly restored stone houses, made into an artist residency. Here we have studiospaces for group and individual work. You will have time to work on creative projects, exploring simple ways of working with personal content.
Learning to draw is a process of discovery. It takes time, patience, practice, but it can open up for so much new appreciation of both the world, our own senses and capacities, as well as the treasures of art history of dedicated draughtsmen throughout time.
We have created a workshop that is best suited for those that have some basic drawing skills and experience.
- Price for the workshop: 445 euros (non-refundable); this includes course, welcome lunch and studio rent. We only accept signups for the full five days. Accommodation and meals are not included in the course price.
- First installment of 200 euros to be paid upon signup. Remaining value up until the first day of the workshop.
- Starts on Wednesday the 27th of April at 12:00PM. Ends on Sunday the 1st of May at 4:30PM.
- Participants must travel to Cerdeira by their own means. It is an 11 km ride from Lousã, Portugal.
- The village offers modern restored houses (limited to availability), with fully equipped kitchens for meals (email: email@example.com). Besides the houses it is still possible to sleep in the village in bunkbeds for 15 euros a night. You can otherwise choose to rent a hotel or B&B in for example Lousã, Miranda do Corvo or Candal.Cooked group meals are available upon request.
- Upon signup you will receive a list of art materials to bring and other important details.